Friday, August 1, 2014

Isaac- 3 Months

Sweet Ike. My little love bug.





August 1st: you're officially 3 months old. AND this exact day Mama has to return to work. Makes me tear up just writing it. I cannot believe 3 months has flown by. I have loved every moment of maternity leave, being a stay at home mom, and snuggling you as much as possible. I know that I love my job, but leaving you (and your brothers!) to return to work makes me so incredibly sad. I know after a little transition time which might be tough, we'll move on and get through it and enjoy every one of my days off! Now, here's a little bit about you at 3 months old!










You are on your last few days of 0-3 month outfits because they barely fit anymore. But you fit just right in 3 month size. You're just finishing your last size 1 diaper- on to 2's!  You are such a love bug squish of a boy. I'm guessing you're around 14 pounds. I love every single bit of you. I kiss your big cheeks as much as I can and squeeze your squishy goodness all the time. I hope your rolls don't go away. They're my favorite. I love your big eyes. Your eyelashes are getting longer than ever- love them!








You are doing so good sleeping at night! As of the past week or so you'll sleep in your crib in your room from 9:30 ish to anywhere from 7-9! You're still swaddled, but like to attempt to bust out of it every night! Sometimes- you succeed. I have a feeling, it won't be long before you're not swaddled. Your reflux issues come and go. You've had some super rough evenings, crying, and refusing to eat. Your poor tummy gets upset and you let us know with the most awful cries and arching back. I'm just thankful it isn't every night that you struggle. For sleeping, naps are a little different story. You love to nap in your swing. But, napping in your crib is a little tough. You wake after only an hour and almost never will go back to bed. We're working through it though! 










You are starting to interact more with the world and everyone in it. It's so much fun! You flash us sweet smiles (I just wish I could catch them on the camera better!)  You're "talking" a bit more. You like to stand. You now enjoy your play mat, swinging your arms and kicking your legs. You still roll from belly to back. And you're SO close to rolling back to belly. You can actually get to your side. You are really strong and when on your back you get yourself in almost a bridge position and turn your neck in all sorts of crazy ways. You'll randomly hit a toy and get excited, but don't yet grab for anything. It's hard to know what you can see and how much that's effecting things. My favorite thing is waking you up in the morning and saying "good morning isaac!" and watching your face light up and smile and coo! You also love to chew on your hands or arms, still like your binky, and you're liking your taggie blankie more and more. You love to pull on the tags, grab it, and pull it up to your face! You are just now big enough to sit in your bumbo and other than a little bobbing head every once in a while, you do pretty good! You still love baths and now your big brothers like to help give them to you! 







You are so incredibly loved. Due to your big brothers, you're going to either be the most laid back chill  kid since you have to put up with them or you're going to be tough and fight back! They adore you. They love to help wake you up every morning. They hug you, kiss you, hold you, squeeze you, play with on you, fall on you, sit on you, but mostly just can't get enough of you. You guys will all be the best of friends. I'm actually kind of scared. Soon enough you'll all be ganging up on me and doing all your wild antics together. Hope I'm ready for the ride! Your Mama & Dada love you so very much. You're the best addition to this crazy family. Happy 3 months, Isaac Jacob! 












Finally, 3 months later, your room is finished! I love it! Here's a little peek. 










No comments:

Post a Comment