Friday, September 5, 2014

Isaac- 4 Months




4 Months: 1/3 of the way to a whole year old! Oh my goodness.

(Side note: You were very serious for this month's photo shoot. I love your smiles. But your serious face is pretty silly too!) 








You're weighing in at exactly 16 lbs (according to our scale) You're 4 month official appointment isn't until the 18th so we'll see what your weight and height is then. You definitely are growing well :) I notice you feeling longer too. So we'll see!



You still eat around every 3 hours during the day. Pretty on schedule. Sometimes you down your bottles and nurse just fine, other times you struggle, cry, and seem to not want any of it. It's hard to know.  But your reflux continues to be a bit of an issue. And you're still spitty too. Evenings are your harder time for sure- just fussy in general and sometimes won't eat well. You can be a bit picky about how you're fed. But Daddy is doing a good job figuring it out on the nights Mama has to work.

Mama is waiting for your hair to start coming in. You look bald unless we attempt to spike what little hair you have up! haha! But your eye lashes have gotten long and luscious. They are starting to look like your big brother Eli's long sparkly lashes!!












Size 2 diapers. Size 3 month and 3-6 Month clothes.

Smiling more and more. Can still be hard to get on command, but I love them when I do! And almost trying to laugh. (I'm editing this a week later than I originally typed it. At first I said we were waiting for your first giggles...) Well, now, you JUST laughed for the first time today. AMAZING. I literally had tears fill my eyes. Your big brothers were right by me and giggled and clapped for you. It was a moment I won't ever forget. So. Very. Special. And the best sound ever. I cannot wait for more. 


Love to stand, but still a little small for the jumper even though we put you in it sometimes for fun! You'll sit in your bumbo for longer periods now. Prefer to be on the ground and Rolling BOTH ways now for the past month. Scooting on your back too. We always put you down in your crib and you're at the other end and turned around by morning.





Speaking of crib. You must be going through a growth spurt because you went from sleeping all night long to waking in the night to eat. And it's not like you're just fussing, you eat like you're starving. Ha! Growing little man. ;-) Hope it's over in a week or two and we can get back to your all night sleeping 10-12 hours. You aren't swaddled anymore, but like your little sleep sacks. And we always put you to bed with your taggie blankie now- and you like that!

You love your big brothers. Or, they really love you. They take turns holding you. Luke will beg to hold you. He'll have you on his lap for approximately 45 seconds and then say "all done" and just scoot away and you flop on the couch. Its pretty funny. But he never fails to say "Hi bay beeee" or "i love you bay beeee" They like to bring you toys and lay on the floor with you. Their favorite thing is helping give you baths. We usually all get wet and they end up in the baby tub WITH you. haha! They adore you. They just can't wait till you're bigger to play with them!







You're starting to be able to hold and chew on a couple toys. Little Sophie and our favorite rattle are your current favorites. You also love your monkey/banana toy that we hang from your play mat. You love your taggie blankie.

You are starting to care less about the binky, really only have it for the first couple minutes while trying to fall asleep for naps and bed time. And then you find your thumb. Your LEFT thumb, I might add. It might just be one of the cutest things ever. And I'm completely ok with it. Much easier when you can self soothe. It has helped you nap a bit better.



Speaking of naps. You aren't the best at them. You'll always give us an hour, but much more than that I consider myself lucky! Silly boy. You nap well in the swing, of course, so that's what I tend to use on days Mama has to work just so you sleep longer for me to be able to nap! But we're going to work through this and get you to nap longer in your crib one of these days!







You may be a bit spoiled. You can be a little needy. You Prefer to be held over anything. And sometimes just want your Mama. Mama's Boy for sure. But, you're my baby. And if holding you a bit longer and snuggling you more before bed is what you want, I usually will. :) I love you baby boy, to the moon and back. I soak up all these little moments with you as a baby. I don't want to rush time and I snuggle you as much as I can and enjoy it while it lasts. Because before I know it, you'll be running around with those big crazy brothers of yours :)

I am savoring every moment. I am so very much in love with you, baby boy. Happy 4 Months!
And now, a very special video of your first giggles :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment