Thursday, May 22, 2014

Isaac- 3 Weeks

3 weeks old.

Already. My goodness, this is painful. But, here we go for an update!


But, it's been so fun. It's great and wonderful and busy and yes, a little crazy. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Isaac fits right into our family. It may take a little longer for us all to get ready and out the door, but we're getting better! :) And, I cannot lie. I have on a few occasions commented on how those leashes made for kids would sure come in handy for my wild almost 2 year old when we're out and about!



The boys have continued adjusting well for the most part. We've had a little bit more disciplining of Eli which I didn't see coming (for various things mostly including his almost 4 year old talking back, thinking he knows what's best, and whining). But as far as dealing with baby brother, the boys still adore him and love to love on him every chance they get. I love watching them interact and hold baby Ike. Eli asked if he could play with them and I put him on the floor for his tummy time. Next thing I know the bigs are teaching baby brother all about the love of trucks and cars. It was too sweet. And I realized I really love these three boys. I may not have a little girl to paint their nails or play princesses... but I'll know all about trucks, dirt, construction equipment, dinosaurs, and basically all things BOY. And, I kinda love these three boys.








Baby Ike is such a wonderful baby. He's still a little yellow from the jaundice but its SLOWLY going away. He loved his first baths. He also likes his swing and his bouncer, but mostly being cuddled. I still enjoying snuggling him until he falls asleep each night. I know at some point we'll want him to fall asleep on his own, but as I keep reminding myself each day: "Babies don't Keep". So, for now, I'll enjoy every night of him cuddling into my chest and drifting to sleep. 




He is still eating every 3 hours like clock work during the day and waking only twice (and occasionally only once) a night! He clearly loves his Mama Milk. :) At birth he weighed 8# 11oz. By one week old he was down to 8# 3.5 oz. Two weeks later at exactly 3 weeks old, he's already way passed birth weight and coming in at 9# 13 oz. (73%). 21 inches (53%). The doctor's exact words were "well, he's got the eating thing down!"








He's having more/longer awake periods after his feedings. I love talking to him, singing to him, and watching his big eyes full of wonder. Speaking of eyes, we're all kind of waiting for the nystagmus to start. I cannot remember the exact age Elijah was when we noticed it- but it started between 1-2 months. For now, it almost seems like Isaac is focusing on your face, but we'll see if he starts tracking toys and searching more as time goes by. They look exactly like big brother Eli's with that red glow in any pictures with flash. We have no doubts of his albinism, but the pediatricians don't seem to want to jump to any diagnosis or conclusions. I believe they just don't see it enough (hardly ever- being so rare!). All that said, we have made an appointment with the ophthalmologist to get an official diagnosis- too bad the first available time isn't until September! But, we know it doesn't change things now or how we treat him or love him. It's just for the paperwork side of being official. We may need to start looking into intervention services similar to those we did with Elijah to make sure he's meeting his milestones and not having major delays related to his vision loss. But, we've been down this road, and although it makes us sad at times. We aren't afraid this time. We know what to expect. We know he'll be just fine. We know we just love our sweet angel boys. They truly radiate God's light.










Love you so much, baby boy.
Not wanting to rush time AT ALL. But, looking forward to the memories we'll make this summer and watching you change and grow with each day. Enjoying this sweet,sweet time with you.



Love you... to the moon and back.








No comments:

Post a Comment