Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy Mama Day

This post is long over due. However, since E tells me almost daily "Happy Mama Day!" I figured it was still appropriate to share. :-)

Goodness that boy knows how to make me smile. 

We had a wonderful Mother's Day 2013. I'm so blessed to be a Mama to two amazing, sweet little men. It is an absolute honor to be their Mom. The job is not easy, and some days it is down right madness. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. It is the best, hardest, most rewarding job I've ever had. One that gives me much pain and heart ache, yet at the same time a pride and joy like I've never known before.
These little boys remind me to "stop and smell the roses" in this crazy, beautiful, busy life. They remind me to smile, laugh, and enjoy each and every moment. Not taking one for granted.They light up my life and make me so very, very happy. They drive me bonkers, but minutes later melt my heart. I can't imagine not being a Mom. After all, it is the one thing I've dreamed about since I was a very little girl. And I'm loving every minute of Mommyhood. 

We spent the day doing the things we love. Surrounded by family and making memories.

I only regret not taking "real" pictures on our camera before church but my phone ones will have to do! I couldn't believe my silly E was willing to smile and give kisses for the camera. And daddy was taking pictures as fast as he could during the sweet moments. It was a beautiful day and we went off to church. 




 It is so amazing to raise our kids together and watch my sisters be Mommy's. We loved the Women's Run the day before Mother's day. We all did it together: Nana, Liz and us 3 sisters all Mama'a to little men (for now!) and something we hope to make a tradition together. We missed Oma who was at home sick! 



Here is the art gift we made for Oma & Nana this year!
And, Mama decided she wanted one of her own! :)



We enjoyed watching cousin Noah get baptized and had a yummy lunch out with all the Haan Family. After lunch it was a perfect sunday afternoon for naps. (our favorite thing!) We then headed up the Gerstner's to celebrate Mama Day with Nana. A delicious dinner, sprinklers, a water table, cars and toys, and ended it with a perfect fire pit and S'mores!! What more could you ask for?! 

Cool fruit plate! 






he LOVES the water table! 



I can't get enough of this picture! 




With his swim clothes and that platinum blonde hair- he looks like the perfect surfer dude! 




Brothers stick together! 










It was a lovely Mama's Day!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment