Sunday, February 13, 2011

Marry Me

The hubs and I celebrated Valentines last night since the 14th is a Monday and he'll be busy with school!
We enjoyed a fabulous night out! E had a babysitter and got some much needed loving from his Aunt La LA. We loved the evening out at dinner, movie, and dessert! We even went to a bar and met up with some other friends and they made fun of us for never seeing us out anymore! (We hadn't been on a movie date or out to the bar with friends since before Elijah was born!) But, I'm not going to lie, I am completely ok with just sitting at home with my little family. I love my boys so much... I can't contain it.

 We did enjoy the night out together... just the two of us! I did miss E, but it was still so good! 
We started talking about how many Valentines Days we've spent together.... 
we came up with the number 5. Although, I only count 4 officially...

 Our first was while I was a sophomore in Bozeman. Colin was a charmer and sent me a dozen pink roses (how he knew these were my favorite flower, I have no clue!). The best part of it was that he didn't sign the card. I *thought* they were from him, but his note was simple and didn't give any clues. I had to call his best friend to ask!! ha! We weren't dating yet.. but he proclaimed he really liked me... it wasn't until that Summer that we decided to make it "official" to date! 

Who knew that we would now be married with a 7.5 month old!? Crazy AND amazing! :) 

Our next Valentines we spent together in Laramie. Colin was finishing his senior year, while I was in my junior year in Billings. I remember I was really sick and actually being sent home from a nursing clinical, so I figured I'd make use the "forced" time off and I packed my stuff and went to surprise Colin a day early for the long weekend with him! 

The next year we were in Billings but neither of us can really remember how we celebrated! Sad.. I know! We were engaged and in love... guess that's all that is important! 

Last year we were in Missoula and I was working. My valentine brought me my very favorite dessert: Chocolate Covered Strawberries (that he had made!) Delicious! Always a perfect way to my heart.

 So... that brings us to this year. I know people always make fun of Valentines Day being a forced holiday. But- I'm thankful for my valentine today and everyday. My best friend and love of my life.... 


Our first Valentines Day spent together in Laramie... 3 years ago!






Here is a song to my dear hubby~
Marry Me... Each and Every Day






No comments:

Post a Comment