I wanted to share a song that has been on our hearts a lot lately. Every time we sing it at church, Colin and I can't help but tear up. It speaks to both of us in unique ways, and it's one that we want to teach Elijah as soon as he can talk.
We sing it to him at bedtime almost every night now, along with his normal 'Jesus Loves Me'. We've talked a lot about the significance of this song and our desire for it to be Eli's Song. We came up with this idea for a "Life Song" when we read about having a "Life Verse" for your children.
(We've already picked out Elijah's life verse- I'll post about that later when I have more time.)
After an amazing church service on Sunday-so powerful that I can't even begin to explain the ways it touched us- we decided that this song was Eli's Song. Listening to his daddy sing it each night as he puts Eli down for bed, I cannot help but tear up...
Hosanna, Hosanna!
This is a perfect Eli's Song. It makes me tear up too. Love you Mr. E, oh, and your Mommy and Daddy too!
ReplyDelete