Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Counting Down

We've been counting down the months/weeks/days until we get to meet our Mr number 3. G3. :)  And I cannot believe that day is tomorrow! The anxiety that mounts is crazy when you know the day your baby will be born and counting down to that day. Every day this week Elijah would proclaim how many more days till Baby Isaac is here! And we couldn't be more excited. Today was my last day officially as a Mama of 2 boys. I knew I wanted to do something to spend it with them having some fun in the sun (since it's finally nice out again!). After I picked up Eli from school we grabbed their favorite lunch (McDonalds Chicken nuggets- they are pretty easy to please!) and we headed to the park! So much fun! The boys had a blast (clearly shown by the big smiles and not wanting to leave!) and they were exhausted... both almost falling asleep on the way home. Then we napped- well, the boys did since Mama was too anxious and too much on my mind to nap-- which if you know me is a Big deal. I ALWAYS love my naps! We enjoyed a yummy dinner (sent to us by some sweet friends so Mama didn't have to cook!) and the boys "helped" us move the carseats around and install the infant one for Isaac. So crazy seeing 3 carseats in the van now! 
I got to give the boys baths and do jammie/book/bed time routine with them. And I snuggled and kissed them lots. I held and rocked Lukey while we sang songs. (I know not holding him will be tough while I recover- and he's no longer my baby!) And I think Eli was wondering why I kept smooching on him and telling him how much I loved him. I kept catching myself thinking... tomorrow there will be THREE sweet boys to hold and kiss. Their lives are about to change. A lot! All of ours are. But, we couldn't be more thankful and happy.  And, I know I feel nothing short of blessed. 


I officially made it to 38 weeks.


This one cracks me up. This is our life! 
These silly boys wanted in on the picture :) 



 Some days/weeks I wasn't sure if I would. And now, now this journey of carrying sweet babies is over. It's completely bittersweet. I'm thankful for this season of life and this opportunity to be a mama, for I know for some it does not come easy.  I LOVED being pregnant. And I know without a doubt I will miss it terribly. I'll miss every part of knowing this life inside me is growing. I'll miss the kicks, the jabs, and every little movement. But tomorrow we welcome a new sweet bundle into our family and close a chapter of our lives. But now, we cannot wait for what's to come. And we'll thank God every day for these 3 sweet blessings. My three boys!


Here are some comparison pictures to make us all laugh a bit :) Same outfit. All taken the night before each baby was born. 






 Crazy how we "thought" I was big with Elijah. And now I look at it seeing how little I was. And, looking at the pictures, I look pretty similar to how I was with Luke. Even though I'm measuring bigger this time. So fun to look over the years! I'll cherish these memories forever, that's for sure! 


Isaac Jacob 
In 12 short hours we'll finally be meeting you... I can't wait to have you on the outside. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment