Sunday, June 23, 2013

E~ 3 years!!!

My sweet, sweet E.

You are THREE. How can it be? 

Ok, I'll stop rhyming now. I didn't mean to, it just came out that way! :-)

You are such a delightful little man. I am so very thankful for you.You light up our lives in so many different ways. God blessed with you. 

First some fun facts: 
*You weigh around 33 pounds
*Skinny and Tall. Just like Dada.
*You wear size 4 diapers. 2T/3T clothes. Size 8 shoes. 
*You STILL aren't potty trained, and you don't really care to be. 
(It's a big goal for this summer.)
*You are so goofy. You have a great sense of humor and like to be silly and joke all the time.
*You love music (always have) and love to dance and play drums.
*You are very sensitive. 
*You HATE tape. Like have a weird irrational fear of it and anything sticky.
*You are a little OCD in some ways: about lining up cars, putting toys away a certain way, having your bedding just right, having socks on and lined up just exactly how you like them, etc. And you get quite upset if it isn't just so.
*You took your first swim lessons this month and are doing great and being more brave.
*You are very timid and don't like playgrounds or going down slides.
*You still suck your thumb, mostly when you're tired/overhwelmed/sad.The dentist and doc assure me this is ok.
*You love dogs.
*You are so smart and have a really great memory.
*You are going to pre-school in the fall! This makes mama a bit sad!
*You know all of your letters.(Dada gets credit for that!)
*You can count to 10- just not always in the right order ;) 
*You know your full name is Elijah Gerstner. 
*You get some speech therapy to help with your articulation and fluency, however you have such a big vocabulary!
*Your first bible verse to learn was Ephesians 6:1- Children obey your parents in the lord. For this is right.
*You adore your baby brother and you two have such a cute friendship.
*You love milk. Don't care too much for water. And get one cup of juice a day.
*You are still a picky eater. But love meat!
*You are Such a big napper. Nap 4 hours most day. Sleep 10-12 hours each night.
*You give the sweetest kisses.
*You are full of energy.
*You like to be independent and do things by yourself as much as possible. But still need help with things like getting dressed!
*You love all things sports- wonder who taught you that? Baseball is your favorite.
*You adore your dada but have recently shown Mama a bit more attention and wanting me a little more. I'll take it!
*You are so sweet and gentle with babies and get all adorable when you're around babies, mostly Baby Noah.
*You are a great helper and like to be involved and helping in everything we do.
*You have the best sparkly eyelashes and blue eyes ever. Period.
*When someone is sick around you you are so sweet and concerned and show them love and affection in the most gentle, caring way.
*You are pretty shy at first, but once people get to know you and you aren't as overwhelmed you are such a joy.
*You are so much like your daddy... and I hope you grow up to be just like the Man he is. 
*Your laugh is contagious.
*You are so very, very loved. 


For your third birthday I decided to make a list of questions and interview you. I wanted to get a snapshot of what you liked and who you were at 3 years old. And this was a perfect way. Full of spunk, sillyness, and attitude. I wouldn't change you for the world, Mr Eli.


Elijah’s 3’rd Birthday Interview:

      *What is your favorite color? "Blue! Well. Green my favorite color. Blue is baby Luke’s favorite color!” 
(So…. It’s a tie I guess)

*What is your favorite toy? “Cars!” 
(could have guessed that)

*  Who is your best friend? “Papa!”
(Also answered Baby Luke the 2nd time I asked this)

*What do you like to watch on tv? “Mickey Mouse”
(Little Einsteins too, Doc McStuffins too!)

*What do you like to eat? “Waffles!”
(I would say peanut butter "no jelly for me" is also your fav)

*Who is your favorite baseball player? “Cargo!”

*Who does Cargo play for? “The Rockies!”

*What’s your favorite animal? “Elephant”
(I thought for certain it was dog)

*What songs do you like to sing before bed? “Jesus loves me AND tinkle tinkle”
(The way you say this every night is TOO cute)

     * What is your favorite song? “Mama Rock Me!” (Otherwise known as Wagon Wheel which we listen to at least once a day)

                   *What is your favorite book? “Jesus Book” (I’m not sure which one he was referring to exactly, but one he requests often is God’s Light in Me or the "Book for me"- the Bible)

    *  What do you want to do for your birthday? “Eat coooookies AND ice cream!”
(Typical!)

*    What day is your birthday? “June twontee forf”

              *Who is your favorite person to have come over to play? “Grace!”

*           Who is your girlfriend? “Libby!”

*         Who is your favorite cousin? “ Nathan!”

*           Who do you like to share your toys with? “Baby Luke!”

*    What do you like to sleep with? “Big Dog and blue blankie!”

* Who is your favorite person to watch you? “Nana come over to my house when Mama go night night” 
(So thankful for Nana who loves on our boys while I sleep for nightshift)

*     Where is your favorite place to go? “To ice cream!” 
(One of our treat favorite places to go is for frozen yogurt!

*            What’s your favorite snack? “Fruit snacks!”
(And any crackers)

*  What’s your favorite movie? “Veggie Tales” 
(Your second answer was "a gas car" which we later figured out was Madagascar! Also, Interesting that you didn’t pick Cars or Nemo.)

*  What do you wear when you go outside? “Clothes” 
(And then when I asked what else youneeded. “shirt, and shorts. And pants. And a hat. And sunglasses!!!”

*     Where does mommy work? “with the babies. give medicine, rock them, babies go night night"
(pretty accurate if you ask me!)

*      Where does daddy work? “with the judge”

*      Where do you want to work when you grow up? “work with a judge, JUST like dada”
(He beams when he answers this, and its always the same answer. makes his daddy proud!)

*        What’s your favorite truck? “Truck that pulls a trailer”

*             How old are you going to be? “Thwee”

*           What do you want for your birthday? “dump trucks and bull dozers, like Nathan!”

*         Who made you? “God!”
What else did God make? "Luke" 
(Why yes, buddy. That is true. God made all things and I'm SO glad he made YOU!)

I planned on sharing some of the pictures from our professional photo session but we haven't received them so I'm sharing my favorite E pics from our recent trip to Denver!! 
I caught some great smiles :-)














We love you sugar pie. Thank you for filling our lives with busy excitement and laughter each and every day. I remember your birth day like it was yesterday. Holding you for the first time for a feeling I cannot describe, Thank you for making me a mama. You are truly a gift from God. The sweetest blessing. Thank you for being YOU. 

I can't imagine life without you. 
And, I can't believe you're already three. 

Happy Birthday love bug.
Love you to the Moooooooooon and Back. :)

Love Mama.




No comments:

Post a Comment