Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Boys

I've been thinking a lot lately how blessed I am. How much I really do LOVE my boys. How these little guys make my life so full and bring us so much joy.

My Boys. God has given me 2 sweet little boys to raise. And, although they are so full of energy and spunk and craziness that wears a Mama out. I love them. I cannot lie. I've thought to myself lately- how would it be if I had three!?!? We'll keep it at that for now. Just thinking. For now, I'm super busy with these two love bugs and am thankful for them. I know that some just long for A child or TWO children. I've got two of the cutest (and CRAZY) loving boys. And my heart is full. They each have very different personalities. They each keep me busy for different reasons.

One just never stops talking anymore (literally!) and often wants all of your attention as he's telling me for the millionth time a story about Big dog or showing me his trucks or asking me for the 100th time to "build a castle MAMA!" If you don't acknowledge him- the pleas and yelling only get louder. I've learned this. Have an adult conversation while he's around?? Pretty much Not possible anymore. He's in some stage where he must demand your attention and interrupts maybe 500 times while you're trying to get the same dang sentence out. It's exhausting. Also, he's required more and more discipline lately- which is hard on his parents. But we know how important it is to raise right. But, he's also super fun. He loves to help us do everything-- dishes and cooking are his current favorites (even if his help turns into annoyance and mess) And, he's really into pretend play. His beloved Big Dog is along for the ride-- feeding him, giving him drinks,  making him do everything with him, and serving everyone (including the dog and baby luke) bowls of "coffee". A silly favorite he loves to do lately. He's got such a great imagination and loves to pretend and play.  

 The other keeps me busy in a different way. He is still my baby boy who needs his mama to eat roughly every three hours. I love this time, however he's at the age where he's incredibly distracted and feeding him turns into a chore. He's off and on and wants to watch his brother do EVERYTHING. And forget feeding him if you have a phone in your hand. Too distracted!  He's also wanting my attention more lately because he's at that stage where Mama leaves the room and I must cry and make her feel guilty. Also, if he's hungry. He's hungry. And he will cry and whine and throw a fuss until you get him something to eat. My laid back happy boy has become a bit more needy. But, he's also a blast. He's giggly and silly. Super cute.Starting to jabber more. And, Still cuddles mama (only when he's sleepy) He absolutely adores his big brother: Watches everything he does. And I'm sure cannot wait till he can keep up with him. Not sure he'll ever crawl, but he still gets himself around! 

And Here's what I've been thinking: Luke isn't even truly mobile yet. What will I do!? He's got the back scoot down and can still get around the room if he's determined. But, what happens when he's pulling himself on everything and being a crazy little mobile child. Yikes. What happens when I have two crazy busy mobile boys into everything?!? Oh goodness. They are so much fun, though! 

My boys through some recent pictures: 


Freakin' love this kid.
His smile. his big cheeks. and that double chin! :-)

Helping Dada with dishes in their pj's! 




Naked boy ready for bath! 



Brother bath time is the BEST.
These boys love each other. 
E giving kisses to LT.






First, this kid's thighs are CHUNKY! 
Second, this is the closest to crawling this boy gets. 
Scooting in a circle on his belly.
He just cant get his body off the ground. :)



His hair is slowly growing-- can you see the tiny mohawk? 
LOVE it! :)

Lukey loves his jump-a-roo toy lately! 


Puzzle time





Playing together! 
Luke wants anything Eli has these days!
And I love when they play together. Eli is really working on sharing. It's a tough concept at 2.5!  


His beloved Big Dog. 
His best friend these days. 
Literally, big dog even has to be at the dinner table with us! ha! 





E's new glasses. Silly boy still prefers to look OVER them. 
But he's figuring them out, likes them, wears them without a fight, and looks cute! 


Seriously. Love. This. Picture! 

A snowy walk in our amazing new double stroller. 
Loved it! 



My Boys: I adore them. They may make me a bit crazy lately. I may lose my cool more than I want. But I love them. They are BUSY. But they are such a joy. 

Motherhood is such a blessing and I do NOT take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment