Friday, December 21, 2012

The Most Wonderful *busy* Time of Year!

Wow. What a hiatus of blogging. I hate that!! 
 Life is good. Busy, as always, but good! :)

A quick update: Mama has 2 more weeks of orientation before I'm on my own! YAY! A little scary to think about being on my own- but I *think* I'll be ready. I'm really enjoying my job more and more... and really think I'm going to love it. It can be challenging and I've already learned a ton with still SO much to learn... but it's also been really awesome. They are sweet little blessings and I'm honored to get to care for them (and definitely enjoy cuddling a sweet lil' babe in the middle of the night too!)

Dada is rockin' his job and is in the search for a job with a firm here in town. He's looking for openings, applying when possible, and had his first interview! Staying hopeful (without getting my hopes TOO high) and know that God has a perfect plan for us and where he'll get a job! (but praying we don't have to move towns!)

Eli is a 2 year old. I think that about sums it up. :) He's busy, awnry, fun, talking more and more, stubborn, loveable when he choses to be, fiesty, naughty, and silly. He likes to push the limits and is getting LOTS of lessons in having a happy heart and good attitude-- as well as obeying mama and dada. He's also a blast. Somedays I look at him and just think "when did you grow up?" I love that he's really talking more and has quite a "silly goose" personality. He often calls mama a "big babboon" and thinks he's just the funniest kid ever. LOVE him and sparkly personality! I plan on doin' a little blog post just for him for his official 2.5 year (on Christmas eve) birthday.

Luke. Luke is seriously the best baby. He's happy, chill, loves to eat, sleeping good, and just a gem. We can't get enough of him. His rosy chubby cheeks and huge grins just melt your heart over and over again. He's almost 6 months (will do more of an udate on him then) and as long as he's fed and rested-- he's got the best personality. A happy baby boy that lights up our lives. So excited for his first Christmas!

I can't believe we're a few days shy of Christmas! I cannot express how excited I am for Christmas this year. It just keeps getting better and better with Eli getting older and I know Luke won't know what's going on this year-- but it will still be super fun (and cute) to watch him eat the wrapping paper and take pics sitting under the tree. I love it!  It's so very, very special. Elijah is learning all about the real reason for Christmas-- the birth of "day-dee ee-sus". :) We read Christmas books every night and talk about how Baby Jesus was born on Christmas and Mary is his Mama and he was born in a stable with the animals. It's really neat to watch him start to "get it" (well, as much as a 2.5 year old can) I love teaching him about our Savior's birth while also sharing the magic and happiness that comes with Santa. We visited the jolly ol' man-- and although Eli was SO excited to go see him. When it came to actually seeing him and sitting on his lap-- he wasn't so sure! The boys are SURE to be spoiled this Christmas. Elijah knows if he's a good boy he gets "toys in my stocking" Little does he know how many gifts he's about to get... and i CANNOT wait till he sees all the presents on Christmas. He also is learning about what it means to GIVE and not just GET. He helped picked out his cousin's present-- and although he kept looking at it, touching it, and talking about it-- he never once tried to open it. And he would tell me about the "dump truck for Nate-an" He knew it wasn't for him, even though I could see how badly he wanted it to be. Mama and Dada are off for the long weekend/holiday and are so looking forward to time with family and watching this Magical time of year come to life for our boys at Christmas.

A few pics to share:


Seeing Santa:
Both boys were quite stunned and wouldn't smile! 


Probably my very favorite memorie so far with Eli this Christmas:
Going to Barnes and Nobel for a reading of "The Polar Express"
and drinking hot cocoa and singing carols! 
Eli was LOVING it. And look smighty cute in his hat blowing his choo choo whistle.



My little helper putting the wrapped presents under the tree. 



Handsome boy:
"Gift to All the Ladies" 


Always Jolly.
Adore Him.



 Sweet little Santa Helper.
Love Him SO MUCH. 


Looking forward to the next few days and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with family!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment