So... I've been slacking on this ol' blog. You wanna know why?? Easy answer: Im exhausted. Beyond tired. Extremely exhausted. I love the reason for this never ending "I just wanna sleep all day every day" feeling. This sweet little babe growing inside is taking it all out of me. Literally. Well, that and my super energetic just-about-18-month-old, his little friend Libby who comes over 2 days a week. Oh- and still working my full time night shifts. Between all of these- I am pretty worthless. It's all I can do to make it to nap time some days. I knew pregnancy brought exhaustion- I remember the feeling from it last time. But, things are different now. I can't nap whenever I want or sleep in whenever I want. I can't be mad when E cries to wake up at 8 (I'm so blessed to have a kid who doesn't wake up at the crack of dawn) I have a little man who lights up my life and keeps me busy and on the move. And I wouldn't change it for the world. :) Im moving into my 10th week of pregnancy... and hoping this extreme exhaustion leaves me in just a couple more weeks. I'm looking forward to having some energy back!! I see my midwife again this week for a check up-- and hopefully a confirmation that there's still only one baby! Also longing to hear that sweet sound of a hear beat!! Im feeling large and showing already, its crazy, but I do love it! We're working on teaching Elijah about the baby. So far, he clearly doesn't get it. But, he's had some sweet moments when I was laying on the couch and he came and kissed my belly. We excitedly told him that was the baby and he kissed again. No clue where that came from and I can guarantee he didn't understand why we were so happy he was doing it... but as my belly continues to expand and he gets older (and definitely smarter) we think he'll get the point soon! We're hoping to hear the heart beat soon with our doppler at home so we can listen to baby in the evenings... I think Elijah will love being able to do that.
Speaking of E, he is doing fabulous. That boy just never fails to make us smile. He is SOOOOO busy. Full of energy. Dances/sings/jabbers around the house all day long. At the moment, you can't even see our living room floor because of all of his books/toys he drags out each day. He is such a joy and always on the move. He loves his daddy and any dogs more than anything. Mama feels a bit left out sometimes, but he never fails to give the best kisses EVER! So, that sort of makes up for it. :) We see his ophthalmologist for an eye check up this week, as well as seeing the Pediatrician next week. Will update on all we find out soon!!
Daddy finished all of his finals for the semester! WAHOO! He's finally off for a month. He (or I) couldn't be more excited to have a month off of school/homework. He's going to enjoy this time of NOT working for a month (probably for the last time in a long time) to hang out with mama, E, and catch up on his sleep. We can't believe next semester will be the END of Law School! Wow.
We're looking forward to going home to celebrate a late christmas on New Years... and we'll be hanging out in Missoula as a little family until then celebrating our first Christmas on our own.
Here is E playing with new toys- bristle blocks- he got from a friend. He loves them! It was like an early christmas here last night!
Daddy took E sledding. E liked it the first time. The next time, when Mama came with camera in hand, he cried! Haha. The little stinker wouldn't keep his gloves on and fell into the snow almost immediately when we got outside, so from there on he was angry about his cold hands! He still looked cute though. We're thinking next year he'll have way more fun.
Will update soon on all of our doctor appointments coming up in the next two weeks!
Much Love. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment