Two years old and I cannot believe how much you've changed. I recently was looking back at old pics and you have just turned into a such little boy and not a baby anymore. And, it's amazing how much you grew up when you became a Big Brother. All of a sudden you were so BIG! I feel like there is so much to say about you but I don't even know where to start.
First, you weigh around 31-32 pounds. You're getting tall too, but not sure exact height till your doctor appointment this month. Your hair is a dirty blonde, but getting blonder every day this Summer. You have darker long eye lashes and beautiful blue eyes- from your Daddy. You still look the most like Mama (out of my 3 boys) but the older and bigger you get I keep seeing more of Dada. You aren't potty trained, but have gone on the potty a handful of times. We're in NO hurry and I realize it very well may be another year before you get there. However, I'll be happy when I don't have 2 boys in diapers :) You wear size 5 diaper. And 24 month or 2T clothes.
You are my wild child. SO Busy. Always On the move. You are crazy and adventurous. You are brave and have no fear. You climb, run, and get into everything. We've lost you a couple times, and I know they aren't the last. You like to give your mama a heart attack and scare her almost daily. You fall more times than we can count. And you almost never are bruise/scrape/bump free from all of your crazyness. I'm honestly shocked we haven't taken you to the ER yet... (knock on wood!!!)
You like to do EVERYTHING your big brother does. If he has something, you want it. If he's able to do something, you want to do it. Sometimes, this causes a lot of problems! You love him and look up to him but you also fight with him so much! The two of you are best friends. You love each other but also love to argue/fight/not share. You share a room with Eli, but not yet on the bottom bunk. Instead, you're still in a crib. I'm thinking maybe by the time you're 2.5 we'll try moving you. But mama is in NO hurry. Because, I'm pretty positive you won't be easy to transition. So why change what's working for us now?! I also had to separate the two of you for naps, because more talking/laughing/playing was occurring than actual napping. You love your sleep and if you don't get it you're a MESS. You sleep 12 hours each night (at least) and nap 4 hours each afternoon. You still love your binky at night, and for now that's ok. Hopefully we can get rid of it soon. But, I'm thinking it won't happen until AFTER you're done teething. Since you have always struggled with teething and it is one of the only things that will comfort you.
You love to eat. (Always have!) You actually prefer veggies and fruit over most anything! But there really isn't much you won't eat and you usually can't get enough. You use your fork and spoon, but sometimes find it easier and faster to just use your hand to shove food in your face as fast as you can. And, You're also incredibly messy! You want to be a big boy and prefer to sit in a chair, but we try to make you at least sit in the booster. You gave up your high chair a while ago because you HAD to be like Eli and sit at the table like him.
To say you have a temper is quite the understatement. I laugh now when I thought Elijah was "tough" as a two year old. You, son, are quite the spit fire. You can be a bully- most recently showing how you like to pick on your cousins for no reason. You'll push them just for fun. When you're in trouble or you're mad- watch out. You have a TERRIBLE habit of throwing things and hitting things. And now even biting. All of which, I HATE. You also have quite the ear piercing scream whenever you're mad. You're getting to be good "friends" with the time out corner, and have even met the discipline spoon. You are one tough cookie. And there are times I'm at a loss of how to deal with you when you're angry! But we love you, none the less! I'm just really hoping you turn all this energy and stubbornness into something good in your future!!
Like most little boys, you love all trucks, trains, airplaines, firetrucks, cars, construction equipment, you name it. You get SO excited when you hear an airplane and you yell and point your finger in the air. You love when an ambulance or fire truck goes by and you copy the sounds of their sirens. You point out and yell at every big semi truck or train while we're driving. You also love technology (iphones, ipads, and your new kindle!) and TV. Mickey Mouse is your favorite and you get SO excited when it comes on. Or even when you see anything that has mIckey on it (including your diapers!)
You don't talk a lot. Let me just say that you jabber all the time. And you even yell! You say a lot of vowel sounds "uh oh. owie. uh huh. uh. oooh. oh. ah" But you don't say many actual WORDS. The words you can say are (Dada/Daddy, Mama/Mommy, Nana/Nanny, Papa, Oma, owie, ball, hi, yeah, uh-oh, eese (cheese). You sign for please, milk, and more. Because you struggle with communication, it leads to even MORE tantrums and frustration which has been hard for you and for Mama and Dada. You've been evaluated by the speech therapist because of your lack of words, lots of vowels but not using as many consonants. We're so glad we have such a wonderful Speech Therapist that also worked with Daddy, Auntie Liz, and your big brother. So, it just looks like our future will include lots more visits with her while we try to help you! We'll see what will come of that.
You are a HAM. You know how to make us laugh with just your big cheesy goofy grin. You are so handsome and flash your silly smile with those pretty blue eyes. You love to laugh and have fun. When you pose for pictures it is so adorable. You give hugs and kisses. You snuggle when you're tired. Love to be held and sang to before bed time. It's one of my favorite things about you. Even when I was very big and pregnant, I could hold you on top of my belly and you'd snuggle into my neck and we'd sing before bed time. I'll enjoy those moments for as long as I can get them since you're usually constantly on the move. You'll blow kisses to everyone. You are silly and sweet. And we can't get enough of you.
Here's to another year of fun as you grow and change!
Love you to the moon and back!





No comments:
Post a Comment