Thursday, September 19, 2013

Where are we now?!

Well. So long sweet Summer. We had a blast, were super busy, moved twice, enjoyed the sunshine as much as possible, took lots of pictures, didn't blog near enough, and time seriously flew by.
We're almost to October and I'm honestly not sure where the time went. I've regretted not regularly updating this good ol' blog of mine, and I've caught some flack from family and friends. But, I enjoyed our summer days chasing 2 VERY busy boys and keeping up with life as much as possible.


Splash park!


Fun at the MT Fair!







First time on Papa's raft!! 



Living with Nana and Papa. Getting spoiled and loved like crazy! 


Lots of time spent with the cousins and visiting the zoo!








So, where are we now?

Elijah. Age 3. He started Pre-School Sept 17. My baby is in SCHOOL. I was thinking this morning how in some ways it seems like just yesterday when we learned of his Albinism and one of my greatest fears was how he'd do in school. It's only been three days but So far, so good! We have great teachers to work with him and an advocate who visits once a month from the School for Deaf and Blind to make sure he's getting the proper resources and help. It went far better then I had imagined and he LOVES it. I think this is going to be such a good thing for him. He also started Sunday School before church and his exact description after the first day was "God key-ated everything. he said Dis is gooooood". He's blossomed over the summer. SO much. He's talking more, has a great memory, can spell his name, knows his letters, is doing better socially, and has become quite the big boy. We conquered potty training with much excitement and he's a proud big brother and helper (when he doesn't let that attitude get the best of him!) He's done pretty good with all the moving and changes and is apparently catching on to what Mama's been talking about since we go shopping and he insists we need to "buy things for the new house". He's very excited for his new house and new bedroom and new bunk beds where he gets to sleep on top! :-)





Going to PreSchool.
I want to be a "doctor like Papa" when I grow up.



"There goes my baby"



Luke. Age 14 months. He is a growing boy. Looking much more like a little boy then a baby and his looks keep changing so much (some say more like Daddy-- but I still see mostly Haan). Solid and Tall. Wears 12-18 or 18 month clothing. He seems to be my brave dare devil child and almost falls and hits his head (it's seriously always his head) daily! So far-- No ER visits. I'm waiting for it. His biggest achievement this summer was learning to walk (and now he runs to keep up with big brother) and FINALLY cutting some teeth. He currently has his top two center and two top molars. More look like they could be getting close. He's handled the moves, but a little rougher than brother. Losing sleep and life being so crazy is hard on the little guy, but he's done ok! Right now the biggest thing we're working on is Talking! He hardly says anything. Don't get me wrong, he jabbers and babbles. But his only real words are Mama (only used when whining or sad) and Dada. He does sign for all done, please, more, milk, and eat. We're working on getting him to say "up" when he wants held. But other than that he gets everything he needs through his few signs and grunting. Ha! I'm sure he'll be talking soon and despite what others may say or think, I'm trying not to be too concerned. My kids are just late talkers I guess! :) He's still addicted to his binky (not sure when I'll take it away) and his taggy blankie when he's tired. He wants to do EVERYTHING his brother does and tries desperately to keep up with him. They fight at times, but they adore each other so very much. I love their friendship that continues to grow each day. When we change him from crib to bed (not yet, and not sure when!) we plan on putting him on the bottom (or as E says the "down") of the bunk bed and the boys will share a bedroom again in the new home. He's started some fits and tantrums with some attitude but can melt your heart with that silly cheesy big-toothed grin.



Dada. Still working for the judge and waiting to go to the Federal Court with her as soon as the LONG process is finished of making it official. He loves his job and is the BEST daddy ever when home. His boys love him so very, very much. And mama is thankful for his hard work and dedication.

Mama. Loving my job in the NICU. It's the perfect amount of work and I'm gaining more skills and confidence each night. There is still so much I'm nervous about but having a willing attitude to learn is key in a job like this. We recently had a NICU grad party for all the kiddos who had been in the unit before. It was a such a JOY to see them come back all healthy and chunky. It truly made me realize how blessed I am and honored to do what I do. I'm thankful for Nana (and some uncles and aunts) who willingly watch the boys while I'm sleeping for my night shifts. So very lucky.

Gerst fam. We are SO excited for our new house to be completed. We've now got a countdown going on and it's only 15 DAYS till we officially meet with the bank, sign our life away, and get the keys to our HOME. If you can't tell, I'm just a wee bit elated. We couldn't be more excited, and a little nervous, for this huge life change. Mama's busy getting things for the house so when we get the ok to move in, we can get settled as fast as possible. My goal for the fall is to get some more routine and normalcy in our lives after our busy/hectic summer! :) (Ha! does that ever really happen?)

Baby. 
Wait!... what? Baby? YES---- BABY G #3 Is on it's way!!!!!!!!
In our crazy busy summer days God blessed us with another one to add to our family and we could not be more thrilled. Our extended family is all pretty excited too and to say we're all anxiously hoping for a girl is a complete understatement. We need some more PINK in this family. However, I'm really thinking it's another boy and that's ok and then I'll get to be the Queen in our family with my boys to love and spoil! :)
 G3 is officially due May 14, 2014. So, will probably really make it's appearance the first week of May. Baby and LT will be 22 months apart. And we'll have kids with birthdays in May/June/July. And we're calling it good. This sweet babe will complete us and will be our last member of our little family of five. (until we get a furry one--but that won't be for quite a while!). Mama is feeling good so far (If you remember I had no sickness with either of the boys). Other than being completely exhausted (I'm sure two busy little guys add to that) and some headaches I'm feeling great. I absolutely love being pregnant and seriously going to soak it all up since I know it's for sure our last little peanut. We're praying that we have no major complications with this pregnancy-- but are also jokingly taking bets on how large I'll get because of my polyhydramnios I seem to get while housing our babies. I'm only a little nervous, but focusing on how excited and very happy and extremely blessed we are. Eli is SO adorable and loves this little baby already. I love how excited and involved he is. He has to say hi to it every day and kisses or pats the baby in my belly. He also calls it by name (he's said it was a girl from day one and even predicted she'll have "white hair like me!") I wonder if he's right?!? Luke has NO clue, but that's ok. I'm cherishing my time with him as my baby boy right now.













Well. Ok! There's a little life update. That turned into a BOOK. IF you're still reading, I'm sorry that was so long. I hope to keep up with this blog more often now. (Except for during out next move) and I'll share pictures of our new home as soon as possible.

God has richly blessed us and we don't take any of it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment