Little Stud- 4 months old!
11/1/10: I was anxious all morning. His last check up I went excited and ended up coming home shocked and sad. So, I didn't know the day would go this time...nerves, excitement, and fears...So glad daddy could join us this time :)
Overall his four month appointment went well and everything looks great!
The pediatrician was impressed with his improvement in development since our last visit. He's starting to show signs of trying to track things with his vision. In the last two weeks we've noticed that if a toy lights up or makes noise... we can watch him turning his head. Due to his nystagmus, it's really hard to see if he's actually "seeing" it... but because he's turning his head, we're pretty positive he is starting to track things! This is a huge improvement from the last time... and excites us SO much! We'll know more exactly about his vision at his next ophthalmologist appointment which is in December. He continues to excel in gross motor- turning and rolling all ways. Holding his head up great. Loves to stand and move. Sits up well with assistance. And his fine motor development is starting to excel as well, his hand-eye coordination is getting better. He reaches for things if he hears them and holds toys well with his fingers and puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. Speaking of mouth- he's a drooling fool, chews on anything and everything, and the pediatrician noticed two white spots on his lower gums. Yep, that's right... he's got TWO teeth about to pop anytime. Ready or not- it's teething time! We're still waiting to hear his laugh- which is the big thing for social development at this age. We do love his smile and melt every time we get to see it :-)
He's definitely a healthy growing baby boy. He didn't weigh as much as we thought he would. His weight gain has definitely started to slow down since his previous appointments... but as we all could have guessed... his height definitely hasn't slowed any! He's skinny and long. (Just like his daddy!) His pants all are too big in the belly and too short in the legs.
We'll be struggling with this issues for quite some time I believe... :-)
4 month Stats:
Weight:14 pounds 14 ounces (43 percentile)
Height: 26 inches (80 percentile)
Head: 41.7 cm (29 percentile)
I'm a cruel momma and captured this pic quickly while daddy was re-dressing him after his shots. He was quite traumatized this time and cried WAY more than his 2 month shots.
I think it will only get worse from here on... oh joy!


What a cute boy! I mean... I still cry after my shots and I am 21... hahaha Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete