Friday, February 6, 2015

Isaac - 9 Months

Oh goodness baby boy. You're inching closer to one year old. Here we are again with your fun facts at NINE months.


9 Month Stats: 17 lbs 8 oz (14%). 27 1/4 inches (10%). You are becoming a peanut. You have barely grown since 6 months and your doc even had us check your stats twice to make sure they were right. We're thinking it's due to lots of sickness and not eating great, but we'll recheck your weight in a month to make sure you're growing ok! You dropped about 25% in every area on your curve. Never imagined my rolly plump baby boy would now be in 10th % on the growth chart. But otherwise you're doing great. :) Size 3 diapers. Same clothes... 6, 6-9, 9 and 6-12 month size.




                   
                                                   



You've been sick with a nasty respiratory infection and now antibiotics for what the doctor is guessing Sinus Infection. I hate seeing you sad and sick. You went from having a stomach bug to a cold without much of a healthy break. Not to mention you've had trouble sleeping and are waking randomly in the night too. boo! But I'll take the extra snuggles while they last :)

Just this week you cut your first tooth!! (bottom center right). And The bottom center left tooth is just days away from cutting. You're officially my earliest teether! (E was at 10 months and LT was at 13.5 months) I can't wait till they really start showing to see your little grin with teeth :-)









Not a lot has changed since since last month. You're just faster at crawling and into more things... ;-) We officially had to drop the crib mattress since you can pull yourself up to standing. And just this week you conquered climbing up the stairs when I found you a few steps up! You're just a busy little thing and onto new adventures.

Your vision specialist and ECI specialist come once a month to check on your development. Honestly, you're on track or ahead in most areas so it's not like we're worried. But knowing your vision impairment, it's nice to keep a close eye on you!! Speaking of vision... you track things fairly well actually! You seem to see OK despite the impairment. And show just a little bit of "head tilt" to the left  to try to focus and find your focal point. Your nystagmous is always there but comes and goes as far as how bad it is.











Exploring new foods, love feeding yourself more and more now. Your appetite hasn't been as good since you've been sick, but you're still working on new foods.  We do baby food each meal and add in table food that we're eating for you to eat to. Found out you love chicken, nutrigrian fruit bars, cheese sticks, and spegghetios! :) You mastered the straw cup with water the first time I gave it to you! Big boy!

You're the sweetest and I want to keep you a baby. But, alas, I cannot. You're growing, changing, developing, learning new skills, and growing up quickly. And before I know it we'll be planning your first birthday. I'm loving my days with a baby. I'm so thankful you're mine.

My favorite time with you is nursing you right before bed. It's just us quiet in your room. I sing to you and you snuggle in close and sometimes fall asleep in my arms. 
And I snuggle a bit longer because ...
"Babies Don't Keep"

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 
Love, 
Your Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment